Captain's Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Need a quick way to whip up some delicious oatmeal raisin cookies? We got ya covered!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened, more for pans
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon Captain's Coffee Dust
- 3 cups rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 ½ cups raisins
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter two large cookie sheets, or line them with parchment paper or reusable silicone liners.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter in a large bowl until creamy. Add brown and granulated sugars, then beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until fully incorporated. Then, beat in vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, use a wooden spoon or spatula to mix together the flour, salt, baking soda, and Captain's Coffee Dust. Set mixer on low speed, and beat flour mixture into the butter mixture. Stir in oats and raisins.
- Spoon out dough by large tablespoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets, leaving at least 2 inches between each cookie.
- Bake until cookie edges turn golden brown, about 9 to 13 minutes. Centers will still be quite soft, but they will firm up as the cookies cool. Cool completely on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.